Make up brushes are not cheap, but actually an investment. High quality makeup brushes can last for years, making it worth your while to spend a bit more for the better ones. Proper care is important to get a good to great return on your investment. It's important to clean your brushes, because it also helps you maintain healthy skin.
It's a good idea to clean your brushes about once a week. Brushes can accumulate the following on the bristles, that you apply to your skin:
1. Old makeup
3. Dirt and debris
4. Dead skin cells
If you have sensitive skin, it's specially important to clean your brushes regularly. Acne skin is another skin type that can benefit from clean brushes. Keeping an extra set of brushes, you will always have a clean one to use.
How to Clean Your Brushes
- Always hold the brush with the bristles pointed downwards, to help prevent water from getting into the handle.
- Use warm water or tepid water instead of hot.
- Use a mild shampoo or liquid soap, such as Cleure Shampoo or Face & Body Wash Liquid Soap.
- Apply the shampoo or liquid soap to the palm of your hand and swirl the bristles in your hand and with your fingers clean the bristles. Rinse and repeat, until the water runs clear. Or in a glass or plastic bowl, add the shampoo or liquid soap and swirl the bristles and rinse, until water runs clear.
- Lay the brushed down on their side on a paper towel to dry. This again, will help prevent water from running down the handle.
- Shape the bristles before laying them on their side to dry. Usually it takes 24 hours of drying time.
It is essential to clean your makeup brushes regularly, specially if you have sensitive skin. High quality makeup brushes that last can be expensive, but they can make a real difference in your makeup application.
Good makeup brushes can also be expensive. Protecting them by keeping them clean can make the money you spent well worth it.
Weekly Cleaning of Makeup Brushes
Dampen all sides of your makeup brush with a spray bottle filled with water. Wipe the bristles with a clean cloth until it comes off clean.
This is easy and less expensive than using irritating store bought brush cleaners.
Monthly Cleaning of Makeup Brushes
Fill your sink or a glass bowl with warm water. Pour a little Cleure Shampoo into your palm. Swirl the bristles of the brush around in the shampoo. Rinse the brush in the warm water. Do a final rinse in clear running water to remove any shampoo.
Try not to submerge the base of the bristles. This may loosen the bristles that are held together by glue.
Cleure Makeup Brushes offer high quality, long lasting brushes for all your makeup applications. Good makeup brushes make it easy to apply makeup.
Lay flat on a cloth to dry. They usually dry within 24 hours.