|Anti-aging skincare essentials|
At the age of 50, you either can maintain that youthful glow or quickly age with each passing year. Although there are no miracle quick fixes towards keeping your skin beautiful and healthy for years to come, the following steps have been recommended by dermatologists and shown to be effective for minimizing premature aging.
Healthy skin care habits are the key to help prevent fine lines, retain skin firmness, avoid blotchy skin, and reduce risk of skin cancer. Create your own best skin care routine, making sure to incorporate the following tips.
Many people think their skin care products should include lots of plant ingredients. What they don't realize is that just because the label has the work 'natural' on it, it does not mean it's good for you. Most plants may have medicinal properties and be good for healing certain conditions, they also may have side effects, just like any prescription drug. Most are also subjected to pesticides, even organic ones may have harsh preservatives.
It's also a good idea to avoid parabens, fragrance, gluten and other irritating ingredients, such as salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is often added to anti-aging creams. Many are finding they are allergic to this ingredient, which is the common anti-inflammatory part of aspirin like products.
1. Moisturize everyday with sensitive skin products:
- Whether you have sensitive skin or not, an anti-aging moisturizer should be mild and non-irritating. When shopping for a sensitive skin moisturizer, look for antioxidant ingredients and hyaluronate. Unlike Retin-A, hyaluronate is non-irritating, but effective in minimizing fine lines.
- Moisturizer is important at any age, without it as you get older the skin becomes dry and leathery in appearance.
- Use an appropriate moisturizer for your skin type. If you have oily, acne prone skin, choose an oil-free moisturizer. Moisturizers with shea butter are excellent for dry skin. Shea butter does not clog pores and even has some sunscreen benefits.
2. Never leave home without protecting your skin from the sun:
- The foundation of anti-aging skin is to protect it from the sun.
- Wearing a wide brimmed hat and sunglasses is helpful, but not always practical. When possible, cover up with long pants and long sleeves.
- The sun's UVA (long waves that age skin) and UVB (short waves that burn skin) rays make your skin age quicker.
- The ingredients listed as safe sunblock by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. To prevent brown spots, wrinkles and most important, risk of skin cancer, use sunscreen every day.
- Some factors help you from aging sooner:
- If you have olive or darker complexion.
- You have oily skin versus dry skin.
- No matter what your skin type, it must be kept clean.
- Use a gentle sensitive skin cleanser suitable for your skin type.
4. Give yourself a regular home facial
- When you're young, you shed old skin cells frequently, and new cells take their place. With aging skin, it takes a lot longer for the dead cells to shed, and be replaced by new cells. These old cells can clog pores and make your skin appear dull.
- A weekly at home facial can not only save you money but allows you to use products you have found to be effective. Spas use skin care they want to sell, and may be be the best for you.
- An exfoliating scrub with fine pumice is gentle but effective in helping to remove those dead cells.
- Facial mask with kaolin clay and dead sea mud is excellent for adding vital nutrients to your skin.
4. Eat healthy foods that are approximately 35-40% protein, 35-45% carbs and 20-35% healthy fat per meal
5. Stop use of tobacco products and excessive alcohol drinks.
6. Get enough rest and relaxation. Studies show fresh air, exercise and balancing work with play will show in your inner and outer beauty.
|Best home facial|