Here are some of our best tips for making the skin care transition into spring:
- Make sure you’re using lighter skin care products. Once spring rolls around, you won’t need such heavy products and moisturizers because there should be a little more humidity in the air.
- Consider less frequent exfoliation. During the winter, our skin is often drier and requires a little more exfoliation, but our skin is often healthier in the spring, meaning you don’t need to exfoliate as often.
- Be sure you’re using sunscreen. Hopefully, you already know that it’s important to wear sunscreen even in winter, but if you relaxed a little on applying your sunscreen this winter, it’s now time to get back in the habit. Sunscreen helps prevent premature aging, skin cancer and more, so be sure to slather up every morning.
- Integrate a lightweight, effective cleanser in your skincare routine. In addition to added humidity, spring means being outside more. Both of those changes make a cleanser even more important than usual. Cleure’s Dry Sensitive Skin Cleanser is perfect for keeping your skin clean without stripping away natural oils, and it leaves out all of those potentially harmful ingredients found in some other cleansers.
- Update your makeup. Spring is a great time to transition to mineral makeup, if you haven’t already. Mineral makeup can look so much better on your skin as the humidity goes up, so this is a great opportunity to make that change!
- Continue to drink plenty of water. Just because it’s a little more humid outside now doesn’t mean you should lighten up on water consumption. Staying hydrated keeps your skin soft and bright, instead of dry and dull.
What are your best tips for transitioning to the spring? Any we missed? Let us know in the comments below!