The following steps will help you prevent winter skin blues. Whether you have heathy or sensitive skin, the tips will keep your skin from getting too dry during winter months.
- A portable humidifier can help prevent over drying of the environment and add moisture to the air.
- The right dry skin moisturizer goes a long way towards helping your skin maintain hydration. Emu oil is wonderful for dry skin and it won't leave a greasy feel residue. Shea butter in a night cream is also great for deep moisturizing while you sleep.
- Don't strip your skin of natural oils with frequent showers or washing with hot water and soaps with harsh detergents such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). A gentle cleanser helps clean and keeps your skin soft and supple. Limit your showers to no longer than 10 minutes.
- Make sure to use plenty of a safe sunscreen with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Most dermatologists report a bread-spectrum sunscreen up to SPF 30 should be sufficient.
- Stay away from skin products with fragrances and other irritating ingredients.
- Protect your face with soft scarf or other protective wear before braving cold and wind.
|Shea Butter Moisturizer|
|Dry Skin Body Lotion|