|Dry Skin Treatment|
How to Keep Moisture in the Skin
The following are helpful ways you can try to prevent dry skin:
1. The right sensitive dry skin moisturizer can seal in the moisture, keeping your skin hydrated. Shea butter moisturizer helps, but for extreme dry skin emu oil is perfect. Emu oil penetrates your skin without leaving a greasy feel. You do have to be careful when purchasing emu oil. Some are not purified properly and may be contaminated. The best emu oil has been purified and has the seal of the American Emu Association on the bottle. This means each batch has been tested for purity.
2. During the winter months, us a humidifier. It will help prevent evaporation of moisture from your skin's top layer.
3. Stay away from soap or cleansers that contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS). This foaming detergent ingredient can cause dryness as well as allergies. Always choose SLS free soap.
4. Never over-scrub or use a rough washcloth to clean your skin. Gently clean with your hands or a very soft washcloth.
5. Avoid harsh irritating ingredients such as fragrance, parabens, and products with salicylic acid.