|Adult acne prone skin care|
1. Always use a gentle cleanser. Harsh, irritating soaps and cleansers and excessive washing can irritate your skin.
2. Shampoo your hair frequently if you breakout around your hairline. Make sure to use a SLS free shampoo.
3. Use an oatmeal SLS free soap. It helps balance the pH and is soothing to your skin.
4. Avoid resting your hands, cell phone or other objects on your face. Germs are plentiful on objects or your hands, so keep them away from your face.
5. Don't pick or squeeze blemishes. This can cause infection or scarring.
6. Yogurt contains acids in it that are antibacterial. Honey also has antibacterial properties.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of low-fat or non-fat yogurt with 1 tablespoon raw honey.
- Apply the mixture with a cosmetic pad or your fingers. Let it dry like a mask for about 10-15 minutes. Wash off with a soft washcloth gently with luke warm water. Follow by rinsing with cool water.
- Moisturize with an oil free facial lotion or moisturizer for acne skin.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser.
- Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar to 3 parts water. Apply it with a cotton ball directly to acne. Let it dry and reapply as needed during the day or leave on your skin at night while you sleep.
- Wash your face between each application.
- Use a acne skin moisturizer afterwards.
- Use fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Apply with cotton tip applicator or cotton ball.
- Let dry.
- Rinse with luke warm water, followed by cool water.
- Moisturize with oil free facial lotion.
- Boil filtered water in a large pot.
- Let the water cool slightly.
- Place your face over the bowl, with a towel draped over your head to trap the steam.
- Keep your position unless it gets too hot, if you can for 5-10 minutes at a time.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel.
11. Make sure your pillow case is clean. Your face touches it every night and it even rubs on your face. A clean pillow case can help prevent breakouts.