Keeping your skin clean and hydrated is what healthy skin needs. However, between the different environments of home, work and outside, many find it hard to keep the natural moisture at optimal levels for dry skin. Seasonal changes bring other challenges, for example, during winter, the skin's natural moisture capabilities decreases. As we age, these factors get worse and need special TLC. With age, the skin becomes thinner and drier mostly due to decrease production of estrogen and progesterone hormones.
What You Can Do for Dry Sensitive Skin
Your daily routine for skin care makes a huge affect on the health of your skin. Soaps and cleansers with harsh ingredients and vigorous rubbing can damage the delicate layer of the skin that contains the waterproofing barrier of the skin. Gentle cleansers free of detergents such as sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) should be used to clean.
Alcohol free toner with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) can promote skin moisture. At the right pH and amount of AHA, it can also make the skin feel comfortable and help boost natural moisture.
Moisturize with shea butter cream moisturizer for sensitive skin. This should be free of harsh ingredients such as plant extracts and salicylic acid.
Dry Skin Enemies
- Excessive sun exposure without sun protection.
- Air conditioned or overly heated rooms. Use extra moisturizing creams and drink lots of water under these conditions.
- Skin peels and other salon treatments that may aggravate the problem.
Best Treatments for Dry Skin
- If you go to a spa, use steam sauna (never dry sauna which dehydrates).
- Facial mask with kaolin clay to help add nutrients to your skin.
- Gentle lotion cleanser to clean your face, that's free of SLS.
- Moisturizer with day and night cream with shea butter.
- Always use sunscreen SPF 15 - SPF 30 and wear a hat and sun glasses with sun exposure.
Cleure Day and Night Cream along with Gentle Lotion Cleanser are the best way to hydrate your skin. Radiant and healthy skin is possible with the right products.
|Moisturizer for sensitive skin with Shea Butter|