|Benefits of SLS Free Shampoo|
SLS is a surfactant and is derived from coconut and palm oils and is also found in most cleaning products as an industrial detergent. It's one of the most researched ingredients and has been established to cause eye and skin irritation. When used in toothpaste, it may cause outbreaks of canker sores. It also has been reported to remove oils from the skin, therefore causing dryness.
The positive affects of using sodium lauryl sulfate free shampoo or other products that are free of SLS, are numerous.
- If you use toothpaste with fluoride, SLS has been reported to decrease the effectiveness of fluoride. It may be due to how it interferes with fluoride depositing on tooth enamel, which is the outer layer of the tooth. Therefore, using a SLS free toothpaste is the better choice if you want fluoride in your toothpaste.
- Hydration is important for skin health. If you use skin care that contain SLS, no matter how much moisturizer you apply, your skin may not be hydrated on a cellurar level. SLS free skin care will help keep your skin hydrated and healthier.
- Dry scalp can be prevented by avoiding shampoo with SLS.
- Children can benefit from SLS free shampoo, as it will not irritate their eyes.
- Using SLS free shampoo and SLS free skin care, can help prevent irritated skin and scalp.
- If you have sensitive skin, sodium lauryl sulfate shampoo and SLS free skin care are the best choice for you.
|Sulfate free shampoo|