Follow the steps below to help your skin fight acne:
1. Since germs, sweat and dirt can be a breeding ground for more bacteria, be careful what touches your acne prone skin. Touching your face after working on keyboards, or holding phones, pencils and other objects can irritate and aggravate your acne.
2. Keep your skin clean with a gentle cleanser free of sodium lauryl sulfate. Don't wash your face more than two times a day. Once in the morning and once before you go to bed is sufficient.
3. Use oil-free moisturizers that are non-comedogenic on your face. If not labeled as non-comedogenic, cosmetics, sunscreens and other products can clog your pores.
4. Do not pick or squeeze at whiteheads, blackheads or acne. This can worsen the problem and even leave scars.
5. Certain drugs, according to Mayo Clinic, can cause acne. These are corticosteroids, androgens or lithium.
6. Use a gentle exfoliating scrub weekly to remove dead cells. When dead cells accumulate on the surface, so may bacteria.
7. Only use non-irritating, gentle sensitive skin products. Some acne products contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid as active ingredients. Although these may temporarily help, they may also irritate sensitive skin.
|Sensitive Skin Acne Products|