Home remedies for dry skin may be the right option for moisturizing your face. Finding the right moisturizer for dry skin may seem an easy product to find. Store shelves are filled with jars of creams and lotions to help with dry skin. However, the wrong choice may lead to itching, rashes and even very dry skin.
Most moisturizers for dry skin, even expensive ones, may contain harsh, irritating additives and botanicals that may be allergy causing and cause your skin to dry out even more. The following are some simple tips for home remedies for dry skin:
1. Apply moisturizer to slightly damp skin. This helps to lock in moisture.
2. A rich cream such as Cleure Day Cream with shea butter, helps to sooth sensitive dry skin.
|Dry Skin Moisturizer|
3. Cleure Night Cream contains shea butter and anti-aging ingredients to help seal moisture and hydrate as you sleep.
4. For very dry skin, use emu oil which has been purified and has the seal of the American Emu Association on it for clarity and pureness. This noncomedogenic oil penetrates deep into your skin to hydrate without causing breakouts. Emu oil is also excellent for dry cuticles or dry, scaly heels.
5. Keep a bottle of Cleure Body Lotion next to your bed, so it's the first and last thing you apply each day to your legs, arms, feet and other dry skin.
6. Avoid clothing that make you itch. The cause could be the fabric, your detergent or fabric softener. Irritating your skin with harsh ingredients can worsen dry skin. Stick with 'fragrance free' and 'dye free' detergents and fabric softeners meant for sensitive skin.
7. Drink lots of water. Dehydration contributes to dry skin.
|Dry Skin Body Lotion|
9. Hot water tends to dry skin. Opt for warm water instead.
10. Tobacco and excessive alcohol are bad for your skin.
11. Exercising is good for dry skin, since through sweating, natural oils are released to the surface of your skin.
12. Healthy skin requires that you get enough rest. Sufficient rest requires you get approximately eight hours of uninterrupted sleep every night.